Friday, July 07, 2006

The Birth of the Blog

So I'm driving to Albertson's to return a movie today and the rain that my parents had warned me about decided to finally hit. If you live in Arizona, you know what monsoon rains can be like: inability to see, instant floods, sliding all over the road. While going through this crazy experience, I had a thought pop into my head about making a photo blog. I have been looking for a fun topic to blog about for a while, and have not put my very nice digital camera to use for some time, so I figured what the heck, I'll start taking some pictures and writing about them. I picked up some batteries at Albertson's (A 24 pack of AA's to be precise), practically skated home through the rain, and got my camera ready.

I plan to take pictures of things that I find interesting about my day, about where I live (Tucson, AZ), or anything that just may seem like a good photo opportunity. In my second post, I am going to put up some pictures of how it looks outside today so those of you who don't know much about monsoons can get a good perspective. Enjoy the blog!

1 comment:

Jose said...

Well we not only had the same idea but even got the same template. I believe the black background is great for displaying pictures. I started my picture blog last week too. I have a Harley that I ride throughout the state and Arizona offers thousands of good picture oportunities. Just yesterday I went to Nogales with my wife and father in law and took some shots in Mexico that I will be posting soon.
I hope you come back and I will visit yours too, visit my other blog which is linked to the picture one. It's called Joe Cool's blog.