Friday, July 07, 2006

"Have You Ever Seen the Rain?"














Usually you would be able to see the Catalina Mountains perfectly from this view on my upstairs porch. However, there is so much rain you can't see more than 100 feet in front of you!















10 minutes before this picture it was just a little cloudy outside but there way absolutely no
rain. It really does pour! Also notice the stream of water running from the gutter on the left side of the pic and the little river on the right.















Ever since July 4th, my dog Shadow has finding his new hiding spot next to our downstairs toilet. So much for being protector of the house!


I will be posting pics tomorrow after the storm to show you how the desert really looks on a good day. If you are really interested in how it is out here, just request pictures of different things and I'm sure I could get them. Also, any comments in general would be great! Check back soon!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Aww, your puppy looks adorable all curled up there! I love storms in the desert - they're always so intense.

Unknown said...

Ian, this is the first time hes ever done that heh, but it was a really bad storm, more than usual. However, it was odd to go into the bathroom and see this black furball by the toilet, kind of scared me at first =). And thanks for the comment Erin, he is one awesome dog, and I also love the storms here, much different than Pennsylvania.